Nascor’s U@Work supports Office 365 Outlook email accessed from, Extension Points namely, Mail Read, Mail Write, Add-in Commands
Refer Add-in Support Matrix by Microsoft
Please Note: Accessibility of an Outlook add-in from Extension Points such as Mail Read, Mail Write, Add-in Commands, depends on, availability support from Microsoft for any particular platform.
Latest Browser Version
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge
Chrome, Firefox, Safari (on Mac)
Latest Desktop Clients
Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 Outlook for Windows OS
Microsoft Office 2016 Outlook for Mac
For Microsoft desktop Outlook email clients, U@Work is supported for Office 365 outlook email users, where the email id configured in desktop Microsoft Outlook should be mapped to an Office 365 Outlook mailbox account.
For Internet Explorer 11 and Safari browsers, users have to allow, enabling cookies for U@Work to function. Check on the internet on how to 'enable cookies'.
Note: In case of Internet Explorer 11, when browser is started fresh, goes to sign-in page and login to Office 365, opens outlook and access U@Work and subsequently, U@Work while displaying the basic screen as below, takes longer than expected to get to the next page, then please logout of Office 365 and login again, without closing the browser.
First time, users will have to authenticate using 'same' existing Office 365 Outlook credentials. After authenticating to Microsoft Sign-in window,a permission screen will be displayed as below and users have to 'Accept' to give the requested permission for U@Work to properly function
Very important, please note:
Once logged into Office 365, from Outlook, first time, when U@Work is accessed, Microsoft Sign-in window for authentication comes up. Here, please make doubly sure that 'same existing Office 365 login credentials' (email id and password) is given. This is very important for U@Work to function properly.
Occasionally, after Users access U@Work, and users are kept waiting for long, there is a possibility that a Microsoft Modal Dialog Box 'Internet Explorer Security' would have appeared, hidden behind the open windows. Users have to minimize all the windows to see this dialog box and press "Allow".
Monitor Display, Zoom Setting - 100%
Sometimes, depending on the display monitor type and resolution, when the zoom is set to more than 100%, U@Work menu options (UI Elements) on the extreme right side may not be visible or getting clipped. The zoom needs to be set to 100% for all the Menu Options, UI elements such as buttons, scroll bar etc to be visibile for user to access.
1. For Microsoft IE 10 and below browser versions, U@Work is not supported.
2. In case of Office 2016 for Windows, U@Work is not implemented as 'Module' extension point Outlook add-in.
3. With Reader Mode in Safari Browser on Mac, We are not sure as it depends on Apple, Microsoft to allow Outlook Add-ins to be accessed. Check URL & image below
1. In case when Users access U@Work from IE10 & below versions, U@Work is detecting browser name to inform users about non-supportability. Very rarely, On Edge, we get browser name as “MSIE” referred for browser IE 10 or lesser Versions on which U@Work is not supported. Tried again, it works fine. This “MSIE” info, coming from Edge browser is under investigation.
2. In case of Internet Explorer 11, users have to allow, enabling cookies for U@Work to function. Also, when new browser instance is started, and user goes to sign-in page and login to Office 365, opens Outlook and access U@Work and subsequently, U@Work while displaying the basic screen as below, takes longer than expected to get to the next page, then please logout of Office 365 and login again and access U@Work without closing the browser. This behaviour is under investigation.
1. Occasionally, when sender through U@Work -> project communication and sends an project email from Desktop Office Outlook 2013 or 2016 client, the email may not get routed, to respective work folder at recipient mailbox. This may happen, when, recipients email domain is different from sender’s email domain. In such cases, recipient has to select the email not routed, go to U@Work -> project communication and click on ‘Process message’ button to route the email to respective folder. This is under investigation.
1. Sometimes, depending on the display monitor type and resolution, when the zoom is set to more than 100%, U@Work menu options (UI Elements) on the extreme right side may not be visible or getting clipped. The zoom needs to be set to 100% for all the Menu Options, UI elements such as buttons, scroll bar etc to be visibile for user to access. This is under investigation.
Please note: U@Work Version 2 will be available in the Microsoft Office store shortly. Till then, Office Store information & URL given here refers to U@Work Version 1, currently available in the Office store. This Office store information will be updated with U@Work version 2 details, when it becomes available in the Office Store.
U@Work can be installed from URL or File.
Please Note: This is possible only when Nascor has provided a custom URL or File separately to Users or Organizations.
Use Outlook Web App (OWA) to install U@Work Outlook add-in.
Browse to the OWA URL for your organization and login.
Choose the gear icon in the upper-right corner and choose Manage add-ins.
Select the plus sign ('+') to add a new add-in.
From the drop-down list, select Add from file or URL, assuming the manifest file or URL is provided earlier.
In case of URL, input the URL provided.
In case of file, browse to the file path of the manifest file, assuming that the manifest file provided earlier is stored in a local folder.
Then, select Install.
When that's done, select an existing email and you will see a horizontal bar below the email header where U@Work add-in will appear.
Please note: Request Users to go through all the contents below, as it requires specific User actions for U@Work to function properly. Also, at least one email should be present in the inbox or open new email to access U@Work
Functionality is the same, when U@Work is accessed from Extension points Mail Read, Mail Write or Add-in Commands. It depends on Microsoft to make an Outlook add-in 'visible' from extension points. Generally, in case where Add-in commands is not supported in Browsers or desktop Office Outlook clients by Microsoft, then U@Work can be accessed as Mail Read or Mail Write or both extension points.
Click on U@Work from Outlook ribbon menu bar (appears as add-in command). On the right side, a UI window will be open to load with U@Work.
Access from Add-in command Extension Point
Occasionally, after Users access U@Work, and users are kept waiting for long, there is a possibility that a Modal Dialog Box 'Internet Explorer Security' would have appeared, hidden behind the open windows. Users have to minimize all the windows to see this dialog box and press "Allow".
Very Important, also, please go through the steps detailed for U@Work access from browser, as detailed below, regarding permission requested & granting the same for U@Work to function properly.
1. After login to Office 365 Outlook mailbox, select an existing email and you will see a horizontal bar below the email header where U@Work add-in will appear. For better experience, open an email in a new browser window, maximize and access U@Work.
Access from Mail Read Extension Point
2. Click on U@Work add-in. Microsoft Sign-in window for authentication is displayed as shown below.
Very Important, please note, this Microsoft sign-up window appears only for the first time, that too, only once, when U@Work is accessed. Here, please make doubly sure that 'same exsiting Office 365 login credentials' (email id and password) is given. This is very important for U@Work to function properly. As this Microsoft sign-up window and permission screen appears 'only once', please do not give any other user credentials.
3. After sign-up, Microsoft permission screen for U@Work will be displayed as below. Users have to 'Accept' to give the requested permission for U@Work.
Very Important, please do not edit/change permissions for U@Work fetaures to function properly. Please note, this screen also appears for first time and only once, when User accesses U@Work.
If user gets add in error message while accessing U@Work, this may be, due to network issue and it is not regular. By refreshing the application, the user will be able to login into U@Work.
To Stop Using U@Work, as, shown below, 1. Select the 'Gear' icon, then, 2. Select the 'Lock' icon present in the top left corner. 'Please Confirm' message appears, 3. Choose 'Yes'
Please note: This will stop auto-organising project emails.
You can always come back to this screen to 'Start using U@Work'
+ Dashboard enhanced with more infographics, data and metrics for tasks & meetings. Project vise metrics.
+ Meeting management (with MoM, Action Item tracking etc.) module added.
+ Email users can be teamed to collaborate work across different Office 365 email domains.
Example, as part of work assignment, users across @companyA.com, @companyB.com can collaborate as part of a team to execute work assignments.
+ Resource module, with Unavailability notification added.
+ Task tracking made easy.
A U@Work user, who creates a work structure with work items such as project, activities etc. becomes the Custodian/Owner/Manager of that Project.
He will be able to view all the project details in the dashboard. Tabs 'My dashboard', 'Project dashboard' and 'Summary' in the dashboard.
As a Project Manager, while creating work structure, assigns one or more activity as part of a Project to other U@Work users and shares the same, the other U@Work users assigned, will become team members for that particular project.
Team member can only view the work structure and when changes are made by Manager and shared to team members, can and update the work structure
As a team member the user will be able to view only 'My dashboard' and 'Summary' tabs in the dashboard page.
Users can create and manage projects and activities related to the project. Create activities hierarchically and assign people to the activities by giving emailids of the people related to the activity.
Users will get the activity structure via mail and the structure will be created as specified in the project activity tree in the Inbox.
Any mail communication created, replied or forwarded to the folder, the receiver shall receive mail in the folder replica. By this mail is automatically segregated to the project / activity folder automatically.
Steps to create project:
1. Click on Project Management Icon
2. View Project List
Note: For the First time user – How to use message will be displayed
3. Fill the following fields:
Name : Enter the Name of the Project
Description : Enter the short description of the project
Start Date : Enter the start Date of the project
End Date : Enter the project completing date
4. Save Project & Reload Main O365 page – Project folder will be created and visible under Inbox root view (Click “more” in the folder pane)
In case Manage Project icon is not visible then click on "^" icon
Creating New Project
Step 1: Click on manage projects icon
Step 2: click on new option to create new project
Step 3: Fill the fields Project name, Description, From Date and End Date and click on save.
Project folder will be created in the email box folders as shown below
Select the project where user wish to add related activities of the project by selecting activities button (Marked by red) beside the project name in the project list:
Activity Name : Enter the Activity name
Activity Members : Enter the emailid of the member involved.
Note : For multiple members, add by clicking + button beside the member textbox.
Select Save to save the activity.
Select the activity under which you want to create an activity. Enter the activity name and the member(s) again by clicking + button. This will create the tree structure in the inbox folder under the activity name as you add and save the activity folder.
1. Activity Input screen under Project
2. User adds activity/sub-activity hierarchically
3. Assign User’s to an Activity/sub-activity.
4. All Users assigned to Activity/sub-activity implicitly become Team Members of the Project
5. New folders & sub-folders under Project folder created in hierarchical fashion
Save & Re-load Office 365 Main page and Under Inbox, click on [More] to see the folders.
Invite Team members – From U@Work UI, with a click, send email to all the members who were assigned against activities, sub-activities by PM during project creation.
Once Team members receive the email, automatically, Project, activities, sub-activities names etc will be created as folders and visible under Inbox root view of each team member
Re-load Office 365 Main page and Under Inbox, click on [More] to see the folders. Now all Team members on the same page
Once the project is shared the team member will receive the welcome email and project folder will not be created in the email box. The team needs to import the project by following the below steps
1. Go to Manage projects.
2. Click on Import project icon.
3. Project work structure will be represented, by creating mailbox folders in the team member email account.
4. After importing the project, the import icon will be changed to update project structure.
5. Click on 'View/Edit' icon to view the project work strtcure folder(s) created. Note, team members can only view the work structure details
When any chnages to the Project Work structure is made by the Manager and subsequently shared to team members, team members can view the changes like any added activity etc. by updating project structure for that particular project.
When project work structure is updated, automatically the same is created as mailbox folders in their email account.
1. Project folder/activity folder/sub activity folder should not be deleted.
2. By chance if the project folder/activity folder/sub activity folder is deleted, the folders are moved to deleted folder and the mails will be routed to the deleted folder.
3. If the project folder/activity folder/sub activity folders are deleted permanently, then emails are not routed.
New Project Email
While composing/sending mails, select Project/activity to set the Project context. When Team members receive mails, they are automatically routed to the same activity/sub-activity mailbox folders, which was earlier created, when as team member, the project was 'Imported'
1. Select Project / Activity & click New Email.
2. In the drafts folder, a new email with subject as Project/Activity created.
3. User is free to change/edit/replace the subject
4. Subsequently, can be sent to team member(s)
As recipient & team member, the mail received is routed automatically to the respective Project/Activity folder
Project Emails received by team members (recipients) are auto-organized
Email routed to respective folders is shown below.
1. Select an email to 'Reply/Reply All/Forward' from the project folder and access U@Work from this mail.
2. Click on 'Project Communication' icon
3. Click on 'Reply / Reply All / Forward' button. Please do not select the 'Project/activity' from the dropdown.
4. A mail as draft is created in the respective project/activity folder. Compose the mail and click send.
5. As recipient(s) the email received by team member(s), is routed automatically to the respective Project/Activity folders present in the recipient mailbox.
As a team member, user can continue email exchange ( as Reply / Reply All / Forwards) to any other team member(s)
Project Emails received by team members (recipients) are auto-organized
1. In case of Desktop Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 or 2016 client,occasionally, when sender through U@Work -> project communication and sends an project email from Desktop Office Outlook 2013 or 2016 client, the email may not get routed, to respective work folder at recipient mailbox. This may happen, when, recipients email domain is different from sender’s email domain. In such cases, recipient has to select the email not routed, go to U@Work -> project communication and click on ‘Process message’ button to route the email to respective folder.
2. While performing reply/reply all and forward actions, user need not select project or activities.
3. Even when Project Emails goes to junk folder, the same will be automatically routed back to respective folders.
Tasks are part of any project or an activity. While creating a task, user can associate a task to project/activity from the dropdown. Next user shall enter the rest of the task details
Fill required task details by selecting project/activity. Save & Send the task to the assigned Team member (Owner).On receipt of mail by Task Owner, it will be routed to the same, project/activity folder.-Task owner can update task progress status
1. From U@Work UI, create task by filling appropriate task details and assign to a the team member (owner) who will carry the task.
2. Under a project, task can be associated to Activity, Sub-activity during task creation. With this, further email communication will be auto-organised, ie, gets touted to appropriated activity, sub-activity folders.
3. An email will be sent to the Owner of the task with all the relevant task details.
4. Owner of the task can update progress of task(s) assigned to him, the same will be sent to the creator of the task (Owner/Manager).
User can enter the following details:
Subject : Task subject/Short Description
Select Project : Project to which this task is assigned
Select Activity : Activity to which the task is assigned
Due : Due date of the task
Priority : Task Priority can be High, Medium, Low
Start Date : Start date of the task (Can be future date)
Date Completed : Actual date of completion
Status : Task Status can be Not Started, In Progress, Completed
% Complete : 1-100, percent of complete
Assigned To : Email ID of the assignee
Once task is created and saved, the task will be sent to the Assignee. The Assignee can update his task status and % complete and save it. Once save, the task creator (Owner/Manager) will be automatically updated with the task status.
1. Select type of tasks from the drop down
2. Search the type of tasks assigned by entering the task name or user name (Email ID)
3. Click on edit icon to update the assigned task
4. From the Manage Task Screen, Assignee updates task
5. After saving, a task update mail is sent to Assignor
6. User as task creator receives a task update email from the Assignee team member
7. Dashboard is updated with Task status details for both Assignor and Assignee
Once can send reminders from Task screen as shown below.
User can identify the tasks and action items which are represented by different icons provided by the tool tip as they are listed in Manage tasks page.
Similarly the status and priority of the tasks are represented by the icons provided the tool tip to identify.
User can filter the tasks according to All, People, Project, status, Priority and type and search box is provided.
Go to project communication and click on “New meeting” to create meeting invites for particular project and activities.
Select the meeting to edit the details of the newly created meeting and send it to team members, who are part of this Project.
In Desktop outlook 2016, below page will be displayed, create/modify the details and fill the required fields as shown below and click on send. Meeting invite will be sent to invited attendees
In Browser version, below page will be displayed, create/modify the details and fill the required fields as shown below and click on send. Meeting invite will be sent to invited attendees
Go to meeting and add MoM details with action items followed by save and share.
Click on share MoM icon to share the MoM.
Check for the action items in manage tasks.
Time zone should be same for all the users.
MoM’s can be searched in the search box with filter provided in the drop down with the values such as All, Project, Start date and end date.
As Project Owner/Manager, receives email notified about unavailability of team member(s). This mail is touted to the respective project folder automatically. By clicking the 'Notify Unavailability' icon, one can know when team members are unavailable during the project duration. .
Select 'Notify My Unavailability' icon and from the screen, any team member selects Project and inputs unavailability dates. After saving, a mail is automatically sent to Project Owner/Manager.
View updated unavailability lists as shown below.
Infographic Dashboard with insightful data & metrics, will provide the overall health and status of the work items such as projects, tasks, meeting action items, decisions etc. A work day can start with dashboard. The data & metrics in the dashboard will be automatically populated / updated.
Presently, completed tasks is not being displayed in the dashboard.
Dashboard tabs 'My Dashboard', 'Project Dashboard', 'Summary' provides work item details as Team Member and as Manager (Owner). Summary provides a tabular view. Project Dashboard will be visible for Owner or Custodian, giving details for the work assigment being managed and responsible for the same.
My dashboard: As team member, his pending and overdue tasks is shown.
Project dashboard: As Manager, different info-grapic views of overall data and metrics of all work items such as, project tasks and meetings is displayed with drop down options to get info-grapic views project vise also.
Summary: Gives a tabular view of all the work items data.